Who doesn’t want to have lustrous and healthy hair? Strong, voluminous and shiny hair will definitely enhance your natural beauty and gives you a distinctive personality.
There are many factors like poor nutrition, hormonal imbalance, hair styling tools, pollution, unhealthy lifestyle, prolonged illness, stress, genetics, usage of chemical based hair products, certain hair and scalp problems, excessive usage of hot water or blow dryers, etc. will pause the natural growth of your hair and causes hair loss along with other hair problems like dry, breakage, split ends, dandruff and frizzy hair.
The usage of commercial chemical based hair care products will cause more harm rather than solving the problem but if you choose natural remedies to promote your hair then it definitely gives you positive results with long lasting results.
Rosemary oil is one such natural ingredient that widely used to get rid of hair loss and to make your hair strands strong and shiny.
Does rosemary oil really promote hair growth? Is there any scientific fact behind it? How does it work and how to use it for hair growth? Is there any best combination with rosemary oil for healthy hair growth?
You will get all the answers to your questions of rosemary oil for hair growth in the article. Scroll down to read more about it and try this essential oil to grow your hair healthy.
How Does Rosemary Essential Oil work for Hair Growth?
Wondering how rosemary oil helps hair growth. Well, this essential oil exhibits a number of valuable properties that make it as perfect oil for hair care. Have a look at these properties.
In a research, it is proved that people who are using rosemary essential oil have increased their hair growth similar or more than people who used 2% topical minoxidil (a synthetic drug used for hair growth).
- Rosemary oil has antibacterial, antifungal, antimicrobial and antiseptic properties that help to treat and prevent microbes causing infections or dandruff on the scalp and thereby causing hair fall.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties that reduce the inflammation in the scalp and thus reduce the loss of hair and foster hair growth.
- This oil has a superior antioxidant property that helps to combat the damage of free radicals that caused due to the usage of harsh chemical products and pollution. The rich content of antioxidants helps to treat hair loss and thus contribute to faster hair growth.
- Oily scalp will attract dirt, impurities and dust particles and make it greasy and clog the hair follicles to prevent the hair growth but the usage of rosemary oil will prevent the production of excess sebum, cleanse the scalp to foster the formation of new hair and thereby prevent hair loss.
- It acts as a powerful stimulant that induces blood circulation to your hair follicles properly and also get well nutrient rich blood, faster and healthier hair growth.
- The rosmarinic acid, carnosic acid, ethanolic acid, camphor oil and 1, 8 – cineole are the main bioactive antioxidants in rosemary oil that help for the hair growth and maintenance.
- The DHT (Dihydrotestosterone) is a hormone that directly attacks and weakens the hair follicles and thus results in hair fall. The usage of rosemary oil will help to lower this DHT production and thereby promote healthy hair growth.
How to use Rosemary Essential Oil to Regrow your Hair?
Now we are going to know how to use this oil for healthy hair growth. You should use it on daily basis by starting it in small doses to get rid of hair fall.
Let’s get started…
1. Rosemary Hot Oil Treatment:
Hot oil hair treatment is always the best option to enable the nutrients from the oil and stimulate the hair growth by penetrating deep into the scalp.
Steps to be followed…
- Pour 2 teaspoons each of coconut oil and castor oil in a small pan and heat it on a low flame for 2 minutes.
- Then add 4 – 5 drops of rosemary essential oil after turning off the flame.
- Stir well and apply this oil mix on all over your scalp by massaging gently for few minutes with your fingers.
- Wrap it in a shower cap and leave it on for at least 30 minutes to overnight.
- After that, rinse off your hair with mild shampoo and dry it properly.
- Do this hot oil massage for once or twice a week to maintain healthy hair growth.
2. Rosemary Hair Massage Oil:
Rosemary oil when mixed with other natural oils will help to enhance the absorption process and prevent sensitivity responses. Jojoba oil moisturizes the hair to prevent it from getting dry and brittle. So, this hair oil massage will cleanse the pores and encourage the growth of new hair.
Steps to be followed…
- Add 8 drops of rosemary essential oil in 5 ml of jojoba oil and stir well.
- Apply it on all over the scalp by using your fingertips.
- Start it systematically from the front to the sides and then to the back using circular motions with gentle pressure to stimulate proper blood circulation.
- Regular application of this hair oil will definitely help you to stimulate the healthy hair growth.
Note: You can also use coconut oil (or any carrier oil) instead of jojoba oil by simply mixing 20 drops of rosemary oil in 1 cup of coconut oil and apply it daily on your hair for faster hair growth.
3. Rosemary Hair Growth Serum:
Almond oil helps to moisture the hair and lavender and sage oils help to fight against the microbes causing hair problems. This combined hair oil serum helps to stimulate the hair growth and also makes you smell awesome.
Steps to be followed…
- Mix 8 drops of rosemary essential oil, 3 drops of clary sage essential oil, and 6 drops of lavender essential oil in 50 ml of sweet almond oil.
- Stir well till all these oils are mixed properly and apply this serum on all over your scalp and hair shafts.
- Massage gently for few minutes and brush your hair thoroughly to distribute this oil evenly.
- For best results, you can use this serum for every 1 – 2 days after your shower.
4. Rosemary Shampoo:
To enjoy nourished hair daily, we have to add rosemary essential oil to your daily used shampoo or conditioner. Here are some best ways of preparing rosemary daily shampoo.
Steps to be followed…
- Mix 10 – 12 drops of rosemary essential oil in 1 ounce of shampoo or conditioner. Stir well and use it regularly to get rid of hair fall.
- Use herb to clear this hair problem by simply adding 1 – 2 large handfuls of dried rosemary leaves in 1 quart of boiling water in a pan for a couple of minutes. Turn off the heat and let the rosemary steep in this water for at least 5 hours and store this rosemary infusion in the refrigerator. Now prepare a shampoo by mixing 1/4 cup of this infusion with 1 cup of liquid castile soap and use it as your shampoo.
5. Rosemary Hair Mask:
Coconut oil moisturizes the hair, cleanse your scalp, combat the action of microbes on the scalp, strengthens your hair strands and prevent it from splitting. Eggs are enriched with essential nutrients and proteins that are essential for healthy hair growth.
Honey in this mask will act as a natural conditioner that moisturizes and adds shine to your hair. So, this hair mask will definitely help you to encourage healthy hair growth.
Steps to be followed…
- Break an egg into a bowl and add 1 teaspoon each of coconut oil and raw honey and 6 drops of rosemary essential oil in it.
- Whip it well till all these mixed properly and then apply it on your hair.
- Leave it on for about 30 – 60 minutes and rinse your hair thoroughly with lukewarm water.
- Dry your hair naturally without using any hair dryers or heat tools.
- Try this hair mask for once a week on regular basis for super hair growth.
6. Rosemary Essential Oil Overnight Treatment:
The overnight hair treatments will help to nourish the hair, prevent it from dryness and promotes healthy hair growth. You will experience the magic of hair loss preventing coconut oil, hair growth inducing rosemary oil and nourishing and hydrating honey overnight to grow your hair.
Steps to be followed…
Pour 3 drops of rosemary essential oil, 1 teaspoon of raw honey and 2 tablespoons of virgin coconut oil in a mixing bowl.
- Stir well and apply it on your hair and scalp at night before bedtime.
- Massage it gently for few minutes and secure your hair with a shower cap.
- Leave it on for overnight and make sure to place an old cloth (or towel) onto your sleeping pillow as a safe side.
- In the next morning, wash it off with water and mild shampoo to grab glossy and nourished hair.
Where to Buy Rosemary Essential Oil?
Thinking where to buy rosemary essential oil for hair growth? This is the main thing that raises while talking about essential oils, as they are not created equally. You can easily find this rosemary oil in essential oil section of your health stores or simply buy it from online stores. Make sure to buy 100% pure rosemary essential oil that has a therapeutic grade for best results and try to avoid diluted or synthetic versions.
Tips and Precautions:
- Always make sure to consult your doctor (or healthcare provider) before using any essential oil on your skin and hair. Most importantly the pregnant or nursing women and babies should not use these essential oils.
- If you’re having sensitive skin, then it’s must to dilute this essential oil with any carrier oil before application to get rid of irritation or allergic reactions.
- You can also prepare a rosemary hair rinse by steeping 2 rosemary tea bags in hot water for few minutes and then use this water to rinse your hair after shampooing or conditioning your hair. This rinse will help to stimulate the hair follicles and nourish your hair shaft to make it shine and soft.
- You can also use other natural remedies like castor oil, coconut oil, olive oil, garlic, onion juice, peppermint, egg, fenugreek oil for hair growth.
- Drink plenty of water and healthy diet by avoiding processed, gluten and sugary foods and include foods that are rich in vitamins (A, C & E), iron, biotin, omega fatty acids, magnesium, etc. to stimulate the hair growth.
- Shampoo your hair regularly, tie your hair after it properly dried, avoid the over usage of hair styling or heating products, reduce your stress levels, etc. should be included as a part of your lifestyle to prevent hair fall and to stimulate hair growth.
- If you’re losing hair in large clumps, consult your dermatologist for proper diagnose and treatment, as it can be due to any internal health problems or nutritional deficiency.
- Cover your hair thoroughly with scarf or hat while stepping out in the sun to prevent the damage caused by sun’s harmful UV rays.
Rosemary oil will have a positive effect on lessening the effects of male pattern baldness and hair loss but don’t expect results overnight. You should try this inexpensive rosemary essential oil for treating your hair problems and to foster healthy hair growth.
Try this rosemary oil for hair growth and share your experience with us in the below comments box.