I love styling my hair and after all, who doesn’t? Frequent styling and using heat on hair can cause severe damage if precautions aren’t taken. Heat literally damages and burns the keratin layer leading t frizzy, rough hair that lacks shine and luster. Healthy hair is a conscious decision and comes with choice. Ensure that you use heat protectants before using any heating tools on hair. Below is an easy and cheap heat protectant spray that you could make at home along with its benefits:
- Aloe vera gel creates a smooth barrier between the heating tools and hair thus preventing direct contact!
- The oil in this recipe keeps hair moist and soft and works along with aloe vera in creating a protective layer on the hair.
- Aloe vera gel moisturizes hair and deep conditions them.
- Corn starch prevents hair from getting oily or greasy and also prolongs the hair style.
- This heat protection spray strengthens hair and prevents breaking or hair fall.
- Coconut oil contains natural SPF to protect hair from sun.
RECIPE FOR DIY HEAT PROTECTION SPRAY/THERMAL SPRAY
Things you need:
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons of aloe vera gel
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil or almond oil
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- In a bowl, take 1 cup of filtered water. Make sure it is a bit warm so that all the ingredients mix well quickly.
- Add in 3 tablespoons of aloe vera gel (fresh or commercially acquired) and mix it really well. There should be no lumps.
- Add in 1 teaspoon of coconut oil or almond oil. If you have oily hair, use almond oil only.
- Now, add in 1 tablespoon of cornstarch and mix everything well.
- Pour this solution into a spray bottle and shake it really well.
- Spray it on hair and blow dry before using any heat styling tools.
Caution: Do not add a lot of oil (more than recommended) or it will have negative effects and will also make hair oilier.